Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thoughts on Coming to Terms with It


Since I was a little girl, I’ve always known I had a kink that seemed as natural to me as my curly hair, but until the last couple of years, I never really explored it. I like to be spanked. Though I knew it, though every serious boyfriend I’ve ever had knows it, I’d never really spent any time thinking about it - I’d spent lots of time perving on it, but not really analyzing it. I was and am a feminist. A strong, well-educated, smart woman who, quite frankly, felt ashamed of something she craved and loved. And that didn’t quite sit right with me.

It didn’t help that the men with whom I’d been involved were reluctant spankers, to say the least. There’s only so many times a girl can hear, “oh, Honey, why do you want me to do that? I don’t want to hit you,” without feeling like there must be something wrong with her. Bless them and their sweet, non-spanko hearts. Technically, yes, I was asking them to “hit” me, but what I wanted didn’t feel like hitting. How could I explain it to them when I couldn’t even explain it to myself?
The pivotal point in giving myself permission to explore my proclivity was a conversation I had with two of my dear gays. As they freely recounted their outrageous adventures to me, I felt not the least amount of judgment of them. No, I reserved the judgment for myself.
So, on the spur of the moment, I outed myself to them. “I like to be spanked.” I couldn’t believe I’d said it. The flop sweat was coming on when Tom nonchalantly said, “Girl, who doesn’t?”

And with that sage remark began my exploration in earnest.  I decided to come to terms with that important part of me. That was a couple of years ago. I never would have predicted how things have unfolded since. Yes, I did meet a few strangers just to be spanked. There was a lot of roleplay involved in those sessions – I was a naughty secretary/student etc. who simply had to be punished. And that was fun, to a point. But more importantly, the experience clued me into something very deep and heretofore hidden in my nature. More than the physical sensation of being spanked, I loved the feeling of submission, of being disciplined for misdeeds, even if they were imagined. 
Discovering the brilliant community of spanking bloggers has helped me immensely in starting to come to terms with this previously suppressed (repressed?) part of me. I feel as if my journey's just beginning, and I thank you for being a part of it by reading.
xoxoxoxo
Libby
 

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Libby! It's always nice to hear these histories, both for the unique details in each and for the common traits that so many share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dioneo...it's always interesting to hear the histories of others, isn't it?

    xoxox
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any time I read an account like this, the same words come to my mind... EMBRACE it. Don't analyze it, overthink it or deny it. I spent wayyyyy too many years keeping it to myself because I thought there was something wrong with me, and I'll never get those years back. I so admire men and women who start earlier than I did.

    There is nothing wrong with you, and you're in very good company (and lots of it!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica, you rock! I'm definitely embracing it, and I won't deny it. Analyzing and overthinking, well, no promises there...

    xoxoxo
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  5. More than the physical sensation of being spanked, I loved the feeling of submission, of being disciplined for misdeeds, even if they were imagined.

    This kind of self-discovery is so important. I'm happy that you are open-minded and accepting enough to identify your needs instead of repressing them. Brava!

    And, congrats on getting Chrossed -- now you can share even more with the spanking community that is growing to love you.

    Hugs,

    Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME post.....and I think we all can relate to your feelings. Thx for sharing! :-))

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find your story fascinating, the reconcilation of your feminist side with the need to submit. I, too, am a feminist, yet I write stories about women who secretly desire to submit. There's something about the power differential that is so compelling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Libby,

    I spent a little bit of time trying to analyze all of this, but quickly came to the same conclusion as Erica: just enjoy it! I know.. easier said that done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am convinced we are hard-wired as we are. I am not ashamed of being a Dom, and no one should ever be ashamed of being submissive in any shape or form. I am pleased you have found fulfilment. Too many have the ache which is never released

    ReplyDelete
  10. Libby -- thank you for sharing :) So much of what you said resonates somewhere deep inside me! *hugs* congrats and hope your journey continues to inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all so much for your wonderful words. I'm sorry I've not been responding, as I've been laid up with the flu since last week. What a wonderful surprise to find so much kindness waiting for me here on the bloggie wog!
    This post was surely my most personal, and I'm so happy to hear that it resonates with people.

    xoxox
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Libby

    It was a beautiful post. What a wonderful moment it is when you can fully accept who you are. And I agree with you, there is a wonderful spanking blogging community out there...with wonderful people that lift you up every day.
    Like you have just done for me.

    Hugs

    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  13. Libby,
    I am just starting to openly (well as openly as someone can on the internet where no one knows my real identity!) explore my spanking need as well. Like you, my past boyfriends have been very hesitant and I got nothing more that a love swat here and there. Not fulfilling, to say the least.

    It's great to read about someone else just starting out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, C. I really appreciate your comments!

    xoxoxo
    Libby

    ReplyDelete