Saturday, December 18, 2010

Ooh, I Like this Krampus Fellow...

Well, Friends, Pink has done it again.  With her wonderful entry about Krampus, she has enlightened me on a subject about which I knew nothing. 


Krampus!


The wicked antithesis of Santa. 
 
The absolute stripping of him from Christmas here seems to me to exemplify a core difference between Europe and the States. 


America has a tradition of walking on eggshells around all things sexy and dark.  


But denying the darkness doesn't make it go away, now, does it?



 So today, I'm celebrating Krampus, a tradition that should be reinstated in America.


And thanks, Pink, for introducing us!


xoxoxox
Libby

2 comments:

  1. We Americans are very good at picking and choosing which Pagan traditions carry on and which get the axe -- the darker, sexy ones are forgotten while we keep mistletoe, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny.

    Great finds and Merry Krampusmas!

    Hugs,

    Pink

    ReplyDelete