Saturday, December 18, 2010

When Sir's Away, His Pet Gets Stressed

As some of you may know, I've not been working with Sir for long.  We only just met at the end of November. But things have been going very well.

And by that, specifically, I mean that I've been accomplishing all my goals, almost 100% of the time since he's been disciplining me.  The results have been tremendously satisfying, to say the least.





Now, Sir doesn't micromanage me, but he keeps me on task. I check in with him often and he advises me on things throughout the day, encourages me and praises me; he also spanks me and gives me cornertime when necessary, or just for maintenance, whichever is warranted at the moment.

I've come to really rely on his discipline.

So when he's too busy to spend a lot of time helping me during the day, I'm learning to ask myself


"WWSHMD?" ("What would Sir have me do?")

That question served me well today.

To cut a long story (just ask Sir) short, suffice it to say that one of my problems is losing things. It's something I've struggled with all my life. It's something I'm working on.  This morning, I thought that I'd lost a pair of earrings that my mother bought me for my birthday last week. I was extremely frustrated myself, and was spiraling into panic mode.

I knew Sir was unavailable for consultation. 

So I asked myself "WWSHMD?" 

"Breathe, Pet." That's the first thing he'd say. 

Once I did that, I realized that my frenzy wasn't helping. I knew he'd be available later. Should I spend hours freaking out and crying, or just get on with my day and talk with him about it later?

Well, that seemed an easy question to answer.

So I did laundry, did yoga, took care of the dog and cat.  I was feeling pretty good about my choice.

And then, lo and behold, when putting away my undies, what do I discover but said earrings! In my panty drawer!  It had been open a centimeter or so last night, and my naughty little cat had knocked them into the drawer.

I had been rewarded by fate.

I felt like Superwoman.


xoxoxoxxo
Libby

1 comment:

  1. L, I am so proud of the way you handled everything today. Terrific work.

    ReplyDelete